Social Media Internship
Part-time, eligible for college credit (unpaid)
Greenspring Media is the award-winning publisher of Minnesota Monthly, Midwest Home, and other national and local publications, and we are seeking a detail-oriented, energetic, and creative person who wants to create and analyze data, messages, and trends to direct communications for our in-person and digital events. You will work intimately with the marketing and events team to strategize and execute social media communications.
Candidates must be excellent communicators, have proven organizational skills, and be interested in marketing, social media, public relations and communications. Please send a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three writing samples (i.e. Promotional email/newsletter, social posts, promotional collateral, short story, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn and gain an understanding of Greenspring Media, our brands, customers, events, and goals in order to incorporate this understanding into internship and communications.
- Draft social media content, work with the art department on creating content, and source images for Pizza Bracket Challenge, Fine Spirits Classic, Takeout Bracket, and other events as assigned.
- Develop social media toolkits for 2022 events.
- Post to the company’s social media accounts with guidance and approval from supervisor.
- Add and update the “holidays” social calendar.
- Brainstorm campaign ideas.
- Update 3rd party event websites.
- Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Analyze analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Provide suggestions to the team for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
- Learns and becomes proficient on internal software systems.
- Assists in creating performance reports.
A typical internship with Greenspring Media starts at the beginning of each quarter (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), lasts 12 weeks, and requires 15-20 hours of work per week.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with social media strategy, preferably Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Enthusiasm, creativity and desire to learn the trade
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to follow direction well
- Ability to work independently and stay on task
- A positive attitude and flexibility for changing priorities