Greenspring Media is the award-winning publisher of Minnesota Monthly, Midwest Home, and dozens of other national and local publications. Our editorial department seeks savvy, enthusiastic interns to work directly with our team to assist with content production for both our printed and digital products.
Greenspring interns attend editorial planning meetings; participate in generating story ideas; conduct background research; write, edit and proof content; and participate in fact-checking. Advanced training for writing and editing across all media channels is a hallmark of Greenspring’s internships. All interns end their time with us armed with a comprehensive portfolio of both print and digital clips as well as a strong understanding of the magazine production process. Our internship program is available year-round, with flexible scheduling options.
Note: All internships consist of remote work, until further notice. A small stipend is paid at the completion of the internship if all requirements are met.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Reed Fischer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Magazine-style writing and copyediting skills
· Experience with background research and fact checking
· Detail-oriented communication and problem solving
· Working independently while managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
· Understanding of consumer magazine audience and ability to generate story ideas