Part-time, eligible for college credit (unpaid)
Greenspring Media is the award-winning publisher of Minnesota Monthly, Midwest Home, Where, and other national and local publications. Minnesota Monthly’s editorial department seeks a savvy, enthusiastic individual for an internship working directly with the Editorial Department to assist with the magazine production process.
Interns will attend editorial staff meetings, participate in generating story ideas, conduct background research and fact-checking, write for the print magazine and blog, proofread copy, and assist with administrative tasks.
Candidates must be strong writers and editors and efficient researchers. The ability to shoot and edit video is a plus. Interns will receive writing coaching from the editorial staff and leave with print and online clips as well as a strong understanding of the magazine production process. Please send a cover letter, resume and two magazine-style writing samples to email@example.com.
A typical internship with Greenspring Media starts at the beginning of a quarter (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), lasts 12 weeks, and requires 15-20 hours of work per week.
- Magazine-style writing and copy-editing skills
- Experience with background research and fact checking
- Detail-oriented communicator and problem solver
- Independent worker who can manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Understanding of consumer magazine audience and ability to generate story ideas