Part-time, eligible for college credit
Greenspring Media is the award-winning publisher of Minnesota Monthly, Midwest Home, and other national and local publications.
Midwest Home seeks an enthusiastic intern who wants to learn the inside ropes of writing, editing, styling, and photographing a design magazine. Interns will participate in editorial planning meetings, photo shoots, and location scouting; conduct background research and fact-checking; write for the print magazine and blog; proofread copy; and assist with administrative tasks. We’re looking for strong writers and editors who have innate curiosity and an interest in design, home décor, shopping, and artisan-made goods.
Interns will receive writing coaching, and leave with print and online clips as well as a strong understanding of the editorial development and magazine production process. If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Katelyn Bloomquist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A typical internship with Greenspring Media starts at the beginning of a quarter (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), lasts 12 weeks, and requires 15-20 hours of work per week.
- Magazine-style writing and copyediting skills
- Experience with background research and fact-checking
- Detail-oriented communicator and problem solver
- Independent worker who can manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Understanding of consumer magazine audience and ability to generate story ideas
- Interest in design and/or architecture
Note: All internships consist of remote work, until further notice. A small stipend is paid at the completion of the internship if all requirements are met.