Hoping to create a comprehensive portfolio with one internship? If so, Greenspring Media is the place for you! Here, our interns have the opportunity to contribute to and write for not one, not two, but 30-plus print and digital publications that span B2C and B2B realms with monthly, bimonthly, quarterly and annual production schedules—presenting the single best opportunity available to young professionals looking to jumpstart their career.
That’s why Greenspring Media’s award-winning editorial department seeks savvy, enthusiastic interns (and potential future employees—yes, we have a proven track record of hiring many of them!) to assist with content production for our nationally distributed products. In addition to our flagship Minnesota Monthly and Midwest Home brands, this ever-growing portfolio includes:
- Bloomington Mall of America Visitors Guide
- Meetings + Events Magazines (in 10 different markets!)
- Experience Rochester
- Live | Play | AAA
- Meetings & Planners Guide
- Minnesota 500
- Official Visitors Guide to the Twin Cities
- Real Food
- Twin Cities Guest Guide
- Twin Cities Living
- Western Minnesota Prairie Waters
- and much, much more!
Greenspring interns attend editorial planning meetings; participate in generating story ideas; conduct background research; write, edit and proof content; participate in fact-checking; and more. Advanced training for writing and editing across all media channels is a hallmark of Greenspring’s internships. All interns end their time with us armed with a comprehensive portfolio of both print and digital clips as well as a strong understanding of the magazine and enewsletter production process.
Our paid internship program is available year round (spring, summer and fall semester opportunities) with flexible scheduling options. Remote, in-person, and hybrid positions are open for discussion. Internships typically last 12 weeks and require 15-20 hours of work per week.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Katelyn Bloomquist (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· Magazine-style writing and copyediting skills
· Experience with background research and fact checking
· Detail-oriented communication and problem solving
· Working independently while managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
· Understanding of consumer magazine audience and ability to generate story ideas