Part-time, eligible for college credit (unpaid)
The custom division of Greenspring Media seeks a motivated editorial intern to work directly with the editorial staff in developing content for use across Greenspring’s custom publishing platform. A typical internship with Greenspring Media starts at the beginning of a quarter (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), lasts 12 weeks, and requires 15-20 hours of work per week.
The internship includes:
- Editorial assistance and daily writing assignments for numerous Minnesota tourism publications and blogs, including Twin Cities Living and Official Visitors Guide to the Twin Cities Area.
- Write about shopping, dining, entertainment, meetings and events.
- Acquire great clips for portfolios and valuable experience for resumes.
Along with regular daily writing and editorial tasks excellent team attitude, plus excellent writing and quality content is a major focus. The Editorial Intern participates in the editing and proofing process and provides feedback to the editors. The position’s primary responsibility is to learn by doing, and be open and willing to take on a variety of projects ranging from administrative to full-on feature writing. Administrative duties include assisting both edit and sales staffs with marketing initiatives and some event-related projects.
The Custom Publishing Editorial Intern will be expected to:
- Plan far enough in advance to create a balanced workflow for quality work completed on deadline.
- Coordinate deadlines and daily assignments with the Editor.
- Offer administrative support to both the Editor.
- Some project management of ad-driven or advertorial supplements and listings sections.
- Participate in copyediting and proofing process as requested.
- Build positive relationships with staff and bring energy, creativity, and a sense of positive teamwork to the group.
- Leave with multiple clips and a strong sense of publication process and development.
Job Function(s): Communications, Journalism/Media
- Candidate requirements: Journalism major (seniors or recent graduates preferred) and some feature writing experience required.
- Degree Level: Bachelor of Arts or Journalism
- Desired Class Level(s): Senior, Alumni
- Desired Field of Study: Communication and Journalism
How to Apply: If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Reed Fischer, at email@example.com.
Note: All internships consist of remote work, until further notice. A small stipend is paid at the completion of the internship if all requirements are met.