Part-time, eligible for college credit (unpaid)
Greenspring Media is the award-winning publisher of Minnesota Monthly, Midwest Home, Where, and other national and local publications, and we are seeking a detail-focused intern to work directly with the events team. You will work on a variety of in-person events, including the planning and execution. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Assist on-site at fast-paced, high-profile events throughout the year.
- Assist the team with logistics for the events, including set-up, audio/visual needs, food and beverage, etc.
- Take on a variety of administrative projects and day-to-day tasks including mailings, assembly projects, and filing.
- Manage attendee lists for events and create, print, and prepare name tags for events.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of event department supplies, including equipment and materials at warehouse to ensure efficiency in the department.
- Organize records of past event collateral for reference.
- Update event timelines and assist with project management.
- Contact potential entrants into award events.
- Update partnership project plan and tracking document.
- Assist with physical pick-up of in-kind goods as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
A typical internship with Greenspring Media starts at the beginning of a quarter (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), lasts 12 weeks, and requires 15-20 hours of work per week.
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in marketing and events
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Interest in using social media for professional pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to follow direction well
- Ability to work independently and stay on task
- Experience with events
- A positive attitude and flexibility for changing priorities
- Creative thinking