At Greenspring Media, we do things a bit differently…there’s no corporate nonsense, and old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work as a team committed to one another’s success and the success of our clients and partners. We know our success is your success. We are the leading publishing and content marketing company, developing stories and events that resonate with people. The Communications Specialist will use professional communications to execute omnichannel marketing strategies, build and secure relationships with media, communicate messages, and meet revenue goals. While working with best marketing and events team in the WORLD, this person will oversee select marketing projects and programs, will be evaluated against quantitative and qualitive goals, and write messages to our engaged and loyal audiences (and build new ones!). We won’t lie; we have high expectations and only seek the best who seek diversity and creativity.
- Execute the marketing tactics for Greenspring Media’s products and events, including, but not limited to publications, digital, events, social media, partnerships, promotions and sponsorships.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, events and partnerships (sales recaps, social media, select promotional emails, marketing results for sponsors and exhibitors).
- Work within an agreed upon budget, negotiate advertising terms, buys, and trade with 3rd party media.
- Track the performance and ads of marketing tactics for our events and for select clients.
- Write and edit the post-event recaps for our audiences and for sales.
- Oversee all event websites with correct and accurate information and content.
- Write and edit email, web, and social content for events.
- Create and update event ticket sale websites.
- Execute social media for partnerships, events, and sales.
- Fulfill the revenue management plan for event tickets.
- Track and report on ticket sales progress.
- Interview, hire and manage marketing and social media interns.
- Track the completion of brand, event, and house ads of various sizes and mediums.
- Create and update the annual media calendar with ad size, value, due date, and reach.
- Measure social post frequency and report on digital marketing performance.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Public Relations and Social Media
- Create and maintain a favorable public image for Greenspring Media and our partners by communicating programs, accomplishments and/or points of view.
- Be the liaison with media organizations and personalities.
- Maintain a consistent relationship with media in Minnesota and the region through networking, frequent and relevant communication and engagement.
- Communicate and pitch to media in a timely, professional and effective manner.
- Write and present compelling pitches that include relevant research and segment/story recommendations.
- Respond to media inquiries within the same business day, preferably within a 2-hour time frame (a reply with acknowledgement of request is sufficient).
- Maintain an up-to-date database of media and their contact information (title, organization, focus, mailing address, email address, phone number(s), and social media accounts).
- Stay active, aware of and relevant to Minnesota media through communication, participation in meetings and events, and monitoring of media outlets.
- Create public relations calendars and schedules for Greenspring Media’s publications and events, which will include detail on when pitches will be crafted in consideration with of publication schedules, sponsor influence and attractiveness to media outlets; media kits need to be distributed; and when media will be contacted.
- Work with internal Greenspring Media personnel – editorial, production, marketing and events – to fulfill a social media plan that meets business and partner objectives.
- Continue to execute our social marketing process and tactics based on the strategies as defined by leadership.
- Respond to social requests, questions, and needs within 48 hours (a reply with acknowledgement of request is sufficient).
- Understand, reach, report and respond to established social post goals for events and marketing. Provide critique as to possible performance indicators and suggest alternative tactics and strategies to reach.
Experience and Skills
· Creative and technically sound writing skills.
· Excellent time management.
· Willingness to work as part of a team.
· Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail.
· Ability to work in fast pace environment with established deadlines and changing hours depending on business objectives.
· Commitment to customer service (internal and external).
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Strong ability to multi-task with results-oriented mindset.
· Above average level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Applicants may send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.